Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was contacted yesterday by one of the big U.S. reloading components houses. They're apparently considering a run of 8x58R Danish Krag brass, and are looking for some reliable dimensional drawings along with one or two original loaded rounds from two or more sources.

I have some brass made up by Buffalo Arms which I have fired in my m/89 Danish Krag, and I can direct them to some of the references out there, but I don't have copies of original dimensional drawings or any original loaded rounds -- how about any of you out there in cyberspace?

Please e-mail me off-line if you can help.

TIA,

Tom

www.vintage-gunlore.com

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Could not find one listed as 8x58Rmm Danish Krag. Here's the nearest thing I could find - one called "8x57R". Sometimes nomenclature does not describe an exact dimension. FWIW, DDR

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Sorry. :eek: Well, back to the drawing board! I'll keep looking. Best wishes in your search. The information must be out there! DDR

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Cartridges of the World by Barnes gives loading data and cartridge dimensions for 8x58 Danish Krag. Neck .355, shoulder .460, base .500, rim .575. rim thickness .060, case length 2.28, LOA 3.2.

You can probably make cases from .45 Basic cases if you can find sizing dies.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,854 Posts
Forget Barnes and other secondary U.S. publications. If someone is seriously interested in making new cases for 8x58R, the logical route is to contact either the C.I.P. in Liege, Belgium (the European equivalent of SAAMI) or the Danish military attache in Washington for assistance in obtaining correct cartridge and chamber drawings from the Danish Army, possibly the Tojhaus Museum in Coopenhagen.

M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts