Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about this bolt that came with a largely correct Springfield 1903 Mk.1. I think the bolt body is correct, but not sure of the rear portion (my reference soiurces seem to be full of errors).

Thanks - Tom

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't post pictures on that board. Any idea what the "O" on the bottom of the bolt sleeve means?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
You probably have to register on that forum and take the step of first posting your pictures on a free internet picture hosting website like photobucket.com, then link on jouster to that photobucket url.

·
3,090 Posts
Tom,

I was able to transfer your pictures to Jouster - take a look. The bolt body, at least, is legit - an L2 bolt from ca. 1919-1920, which would be good for most Mark Is, except the earlier ones.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Oh, so now Rick's an "expert"???

·
Registered
320 Posts
For many of us, he certainly is. RtL is always helpful & friendly and willing to say when he is not sure of the answer.

Kim

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Kim - I'm only funning Rick. He would expect no less of me..............

·
3,090 Posts
That's right, Krag is only funning me. In my family, you only teased the people you liked!!

I WAS an expert in one field -- coming up with snappy, sarcastic remarks at dull teacher's meetings for 33 years. Probably explains the red carpet they had for me when I retired!!

:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Cool ... so no Coming-To-The-Defense-Of action was required ... :)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Of course, if you need an "expert" on Krags, just come on over the new Krag-Jorgensen forum and look me up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts