Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good grief, do I have to answer my own question?

Am thinking the Hornady .30Cal "CGND" die would do well in this application. An old Midway cat on my lap records this as item number 116-484, for sale at $25 once upon a time.

The whole point of using one, seems to me, is to treat FNP or whatever brand 7.5mm French brass with kid gloves to maximize each piece, and, frankly, to produce more accurate ammo out a bolt action M-1936 or 36/51.

If the comrades prefer to full-resize everytime well ... that's their business. I'd prefer to conserve where I can.

Loading for M1949/56s, of course, requires full-resize and I'm kool with that. Don't shoot mine so no big bother.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,490 Posts
I use the lee full length die from the 7.5 MAS die set back to neck size only. Back off the die so it only sizes the neck as far as needed to hold the bullet no further. The chamber in my MAS is large so it takes a few short strokes a little further down each time to be able to size the necks on my fired cases. You should be able to order just the full lenght die from Lee for not much money if you don't have the die set already. Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.