Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a post on the old forum you show pictures of VZ24 bayonet which came with your Japanese VZ24 rifle.

http://old.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=178523

Can you tell me what marking are on the blade? Like "CSZ" over an "N" etc.

Also is it serial numbered on the pommel?

Are there any markings on the lower spine of the handle between the grips? Like "E Lion 38"?

Thanks David Franchi

·
Registered
21 Posts
Japanese VZ24 bayo

The E 38 and or lion is the Czech Arsenal acceptance stamp and would not be found on export "contract" VZ bayonets sent to either Japan or China. They do have a serial number on the end of pommel.

Hope this help

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
They do have a serial number on the end of pommel.
Which bayonets have the s/n...the export model or the Czech army accepted version? One often sees the Czech one's with unit markings on the end of the pommel but I've yet to see a Japanese used VZ-24 bayonet with a serial number. I've long hoped to see one that had Japanese applied makings, other than painted Kanji of course, but so far nothing.

Do you have pic's of any? I'd love to see em'! Thank you, Jon

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hello David,

I checked the Czech bayonet and the only mark on the bayonet is CSZ over the letter C on the blade. the scabbard is also marked CSZ on the L shaped frog mount.

Sam

·
Gold Bullet member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You, it is appreciated. One more question, is there a serial number on the side edge of the "L' scabbard frog mount?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts