Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up what is for me an unusual nazi flag at show of shows Louisville. I was interested due to the coloration, beige red and black.
Not a great photo as the light was dim and I used my cell. Dimensions are roughly 4'x10' Can I get information as to its use, couldn't find much online for this variant.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well maybe. There is discoloration on the flag in several places, likely got wet in storage at some point the but tan color is very consistent throughout the flag I am fairly confident that it was made that way.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The tan is just old age setting in to the material. Perhaps an acid based process was used in the preparation of the cloth and/or the dyes and what you are seeing is the discoloration of the basic material (just like the discoloration of old paper where acid based processes were used in the inks and making of the paper.)

Reichsdienstflagge (Reich Service Flag) This flag was flown from all public administration buildings such as State Railways, Reichsbank, Reichsautoban, etc. This was not flown in conjunction with the Standard National Emblem Flag.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
And a very "rare" left handed hakenkreuz.:)

Doesn't look all that beige in the picture, I think just aged white.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.