Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,938 Posts
The replaced barrel with Reichsadler firing proof makes German use unquestionable.

But then again, almost all Polish rifles that did not go to Russia in 1939 or to SCW Spain were German used.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Excellent photography, as always. Beautiful piece, fantastic score!

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,168 Posts
Excellent! You're on a roll, John. There aren't that many rifles out there that have two separate HZa stamps on them like yours. Very neat and in good shape, too.
Pat

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent! You're on a roll, John. There aren't that many rifles out there that have two separate HZa stamps on them like yours. Very neat and in good shape, too.
Pat
Thanks Pat. This was one of those "must have" items. I had an all matching SCW Wz-29 many years ago, it was externally nicer than this example but the barrel was basically a smooth-bore 8mm shotgun.

I've got other Mausers to shoot, so this one's going to be reserved for historical display only. At least for now.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,168 Posts
I know what you mean. I'd go out of my way to eliminate any chance of doing damage to that one.
Pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.