Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The Navy guns were rebuilds on existing guns as manufacture of Garands had already ceased.

There used to be plenty of USGI (Springfield Armory) 7.62NATO barrels for sale at the Tusla Gun show. I put one on my worn out Garand and it makes a great shooter!

It is not a true "Navy Garand" but I bet it will be when my Widow sells it at the Gun show!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a Springfield Armory Geneso IL I got back in the early 90s. Built on a surplus WWII date forged receiver w/ new wood 7.62 barrel and spacer block. 100% reliable, beautiful, and my fave rifle. They are not common however.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Aluminum Spacer Blocks to prevent loading 30-06 in the magazine are made and available from Midway, Brownell's, etc. I have two steel Korean spacers. The Israelis and a South American country made them also. Otherwise, it's just a simple rebarrel.
Product Concrete Beige Brick Stone carving

·
Platinum Bullet Member
991 Posts
308 garand

They are out there for under $900.00. Sarco sells 308 kits. The top rifle in the photo is my "Italian T2" copy. Excellent shooter that I got for under $800.00 on GB a few years ago. There is a guy from near Green Bay, Wi who builds them for well under $1000.00 and sells them at the local gunshows.
As far a Navy 308, well anything marked navy carries a huge premium.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
my local dealer has a navy 308 for $1200 and its mostly winchester parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts