Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did Navy Arms get their imports? When did they come into this country? I assume they aren't Russian since they don't have the markings that suggest that.

This was before my time in collecting, so I've missed this explanation.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
369 Posts
They came various countries.They brought in some Mausers from Turkey and from China in the 80's and 90's.Basically from whever they could get them.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Most of their K98s came from Turkey. They also were the first to bring in the Turk ammo, when it was, 10.00 a bando!!! They also brought in a bunch of great German ammo, mostly steel cased stuff. Century then brought in a buttload of stuff from Turkey when they dumped all their Mausers and ammo.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The Turk K98s were at times modified to take a Turk sling. The would pound the German barrel bands so that they could carry the rifle w/ bands like the Turk 98s, rather than sideways like the Germans. Most were mismatched, but w/ very good bores.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
FWIW, I had an "un-issued" M48a that was Navy Import marked as well.

·
copper Bullet Member
11,883 Posts
Navy arms was a good outfit and I miss them greatly. They sent me parts no one else had and often didn't even charge me when items wern't up to their standards. Had some good online chats with Val Forgett senior before he passed. I think I made him laugh when i told him his catalogs would be collectable one day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts