1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,503 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Make sense to be worried, but also makes sense when you look at what is being asked. So far, nothing about what they have planned would come close to violating Posse Comatitus. There is enough to make one keep a weather eye on shifting terms of deployment.

What I have seen, particulalry from sad little speck, who just had to pipe in with another in a long line of insipid, useless comments, is panic at the thought of our own soldiers doing anything, whether it is helping locals recover from a storm or endure another attack from outside. The plans for use of military violates nothing, but it shold be wathced, to keep them from crossing the line. There will be, and has been events where military action was needed, and had been of help to beleaguered locals.

The hysteria needs to be toned down so the logic and utility of using the military can be debated with facts, not emotion.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hairball, you are right... but I do not know that worry is the word i would use. This is something we should all be concerned about. I am not worried about it per-se.

I understand the need to have training and a network in place, but the primary problem I see here is the time to act. I question the effectiveness of this increase in domestic response.

As it stands right now, the order of response would be Local police and first responders, SERT teams and Task forces teams, then followed by the government teams, national guard and others. The SERT and Task force teams now in place have the network ready and in place to be mobilized at a moments notice. For a CBRNE force to be called into action it would be a very large-scale event. Maybe the government should send more money to where it will do the most good, ie to the emergency services, as we will be there first any-way, and working on the dispatch network and training for the national guard. I see no reason why national guardsmen should not be dispatchable via a network not unlike the first responder network, after all they are local, and trained. The National guard it well equipped to handle large scale national disasters, but as it is a national force, it is hindered what is required to activate it. It is not automatic, and I do not know that it should be. Local leaders should have the wherewithal and the knowledge to know when the request should be made, if at all. WHen called for though, the response should be direct and expedient.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Around here, if you question the actions of the State, you're a liberal, terrorist, communist and anti-gun.
MauserBoy,
Then you're just gonna' love the thread where your little Llama friend suggests using the military to patrol our borders.

Don't replace my name on your tagline with his, though, as I really like seeing my name up in lights.

What would really suck is if the military forced MamasBoy out of his parent's house so they could station troops there.

They'd want the "Star Wars" posters to come down, but they might want you to leave your video game console.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts