Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Coming up from Macon with some buddies from Wonderful Robins, not looking for anything in particular. Have a long list of "nice to haves". Amazing thing is the food at the Expo center is actually pretty decent.
54R, 8mm, 6.5 and 7.5 ammo is always on the list. A decent Mosin stock would be great. Great place to stock up on brushes and mops.
Going to sell a VZ-24 w/o crest and a nice Marlin 60 w scope.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm going. Only taking a few MN with me to sell(Finn 91, Izzy M44, wartime generic 91/30), unless my order comes in. Do have a nice post war 91/30 stock to take.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm going. Only taking a few MN with me to sell(Finn 91, Izzy M44, wartime generic 91/30), unless my order comes in. Do have a nice post war 91/30 stock to take.
wgallc, will you be at a table or walking around looking for deals? The 91/30 stock could be right what I'm looking for to replace a badly cracked one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Both walking & looking, but I am supposed to be manning my tables. They don't have aisles marked, but I'm usually near the front counter, behind admissions.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,061 Posts
The crew here are planning on going , Have to visit the Johnson rifle , I see twice a year-------- Not sure what day , Got wind of Flea market that is supposed to have good stuff ------ Willl be trying to sell a Black Power 31 cal colt with all the trimmings , never used , might use it for trade stuff if I see something interesting ---------

·
Registered
763 Posts
there is a $1 off coupon on gun-shows.com, vets get $2 off, used to be free to us :(
I know how you feel. I used to go when I was doing Reserve duty at NAS ATL. Three or four of us would go in uniform and they would just wave us in. Got used to just using my Retired ID now. I guess no more. Is this the RK show with the coupons on their website?

Add: I couldn't print the coupon from the gun-shows.com site. So I printed it from the RK site. http://rkshows.com/index.php

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know how you feel. I used to go when I was doing Reserve duty at NAS ATL. Three or four of us would go in uniform and they would just wave us in. Got used to just using my Retired ID now. I guess no more. Is this the RK show with the coupons on their website?

Add: I couldn't print the coupon from the gun-shows.com site. So I printed it from the RK site. http://rkshows.com/index.php
As long as you printed it, worked ok for me from the gun-shows site, good thing computers are weird or I would not have a job!

·
Registered
639 Posts
wgallc, Finn 91 you say?
Yes, a 1900 Izhevsk receiver, late, nicely marked Finn replacement stock. 1942(or 43) B barrel.

My son talked me out of the 1915 Westinghouse that I found last weekend, otherwise it would be at the show, too.

Also a 1938 Izhevsk that appears unmolested. I love the 'look' of grungy, heavily shellaced Mosins.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,061 Posts
Just got back , The place was packed , We got there around 12 , line the lenght of the building, parking was difficult , Lots of people , acyually did not see alot of buying or people with bags ect, Lots of surplus looks like all the closets had been cleaned out , But prices were high all over M44 mosins $275 - 300 for medium grade , M 1 Grandas all over the place $900.00 up . ----- Saw cans of 7.62.54r for $100.00 --- My johnson wasnt there to visit, Couldnt find a reasonable 1911 original , one vendor had modern ones compact at $399.00 I will wait for a real one. All in all a plesant afternoon, we left about 2:15 , the line was still the lenght of the building , Going to hit the secret flea market tommorrow

·
Gold Bullet member
2,930 Posts
The turn out was huge. I was there when the doors opened, but didn't come away with anything special. Paid $20 for a M91 and SMLE front handguard, which made the trip worth it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You guys have to look a little harder, there were spam cans of 54R for $80.
I bought bandoliers of German 1942 8mm for $17.50 each, on brass stripper clips no less. Plus some Greek 8mm.
Picking thru a crate of Mosins turned up a 1943 in a wartime stock for $99.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You guys have to look a little harder,

Picking thru a crate of Mosins turned up a 1943 in a wartime stock for $99.
The same crate held a 1938 Izhevesk in a heavily shellacked pre-war stock, will know if original once I pull the buttplate. Nice CCCP stamp under the shellac. Original crown, too, no recrown or counterbore.

Oh, you would flip if you saw the spliced stock '32 Izhevsk refurb I flipped this weekend. I should have taken pics, too busy, but it didn't last 3 hours.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh, you would flip if you saw the spliced stock '32 Izhevsk refurb I flipped this weekend. I should have taken pics, too busy, but it didn't last 3 hours.
That spliced stock was awesome, a really unique Mosin. Someone got a real treasure.
WG, hope you sold off more of your weapons, place sure was packed with customers.
I sold off both the rifles I brought along for close to asking price and then promptly purchased surplus ammo.
Don't think I can be bothered with the Macon show on Sunday, rather go to the range and have some fun.

3 weeks and then the Gwinnett Show, usually a good one, not as good as NAS though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh yeah, there was a 1943 Izhevesk with a serial number of 16, on the receiver anyway. The bolt was a ground off refurb with the same s/n, the butt plate and magazine had line-outs. Interesting but I passed on it. $140.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.