295 Industrial Road
Exit 64 off I-24

Show Dates:
September 28-30

Show Hours:
Friday: 4pm - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 9am - 4pm

Anyone need a Chinese Makarov for $265? Can bring it along. Also Steyr M95 - $100, Turk Mauser - $100, Mosin M91/30 Hex receiver (forgot date) $125. Carcano M38 Calvary Carbine w/folding spike bayo - $175. Culling some to fund new purchases. Offer for this show & location ONLY.

Buck off admission coupon:

SlimTim

· Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, and that's just a drop in the bucket compared to what I need to raise. Got deals coming from all directions, all at once. Here's a peek at two acquisitions from last weekend:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=3878

Seems like everything comes available when funds are low. I'm trying to capitalize on the situation before it inevitably goes dry. And it ALWAYS dries up fast.

SlimTim

6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone need a Chinese Makarov for $265? Can bring it along. Also Steyr M95 - $100, Turk Mauser - $100, Mosin M91/30 Hex receiver (forgot date) $125. Carcano M38 Calvary Carbine w/folding spike bayo - $175. Culling some to fund new purchases. Offer for this show & location ONLY.

SlimTim

Not one reply to the above, no one interested? Available Saturday only! Also have one of the nicest, matching, excellent Husqvarna M38 Svede Mauser M38s you'll ever see, $425.

New acquisitions pictured in link are not for sale.

High-Life Mike says he is driving down from Knoxville to ride over with me Saturday to the La Vergne show. Anyone got good directions?

The fund shortage is getting worse, now I'm hoping to look at a Russian PM in middle TN. :eek:

SlimTim

6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to the show Saturday, High-Life didn't drive down to ride along with me as he thought he had a car pool from Knoxville, but that didn't work out either. He beat me there and had the place scoped out before I could hike the 5 miles from my parking place to the front door.

Only found one rifle to purchase from the estate collection, a Spanish Civil War Mosin. Thought about a few others, A Greek Mauser, but mostly a Mexican Mauser, only one I've ever seen. Gurn bought it and removed the tempation. Gurn also resolved High-Life's twitchy wallet finger when he bought the Winchester M1917. Gurn also got a long Steyr M95. Wish I'd seen the M95, Airdale had issued a BOLO for one, and I must've walked right by it and somehow it didn't register with me until Gurn commented about buying it. Some slip-and-fall lawyer from Tazewell claimed he beat me to a nice Chilean Mauser for cheap, but I never saw it.

Also purchased a couple of pistols that have proven interesting, an Argentine Sistema with less common markings than the usual DGFM (FMAP), and fantastic finish, but an import marking that would seemingly make it a Lipsey's gun. Also a commercial French Unique in .22lr.

Lots of folks there, RK has shown Nashville he can bring the people. I chatted with Rex some and he made the same comments to me that Longhunter mentioned. He doesn't plan on doing another show there at the LV Expo, as on a cold winter weekend when folks REALLY turn out to a gun show, there'd be absolutely NO PARKING to be found. I hadn't thought of that, it was a great weekend weatherwise with lots to do, and yet the house was still packed. RK is committed to doing a show in Nashville and WILL find a venue. I asked that he try on the east or southeast side, hope he can but I understand he'll have to go wherever he can find a suitable facility. Rex said he'd buy his own facility if he had to. :)

Admission is high, but is good for all 3 days. Sucks when you only attend 1 day, and I even forgot to print off one of the coupons I posted. :(

Safety is a big thing at RK Shows, ergo the zip ties. RK hasn't had a negligent discharge at a Nashville show that I'm aware of. Pope has, and yet to this day they don't tie guns. Not sure if Goodman has had a ND or not. Wish Pope and Goodman would ziptie the guns, my point of view.

I don't go to the fairground shows but maybe once or twice a year, and haven't been to a Pope show since he moved to his current venue. I'm looking forward to RK's next show in the area, and will cross my fingers that it's somewhere SE along I-24.

SlimTim

6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.