295 Industrial Road
Exit 64 off I-24

Show Dates:
September 28-30

Show Hours:
Friday: 4pm - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 9am - 4pm

Anyone need a Chinese Makarov for $265? Can bring it along. Also Steyr M95 - $100, Turk Mauser - $100, Mosin M91/30 Hex receiver (forgot date) $125. Carcano M38 Calvary Carbine w/folding spike bayo - $175. Culling some to fund new purchases. Offer for this show & location ONLY.

Buck off admission coupon:

SlimTim

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Selling goodies to fund more goodies, huh? Tim, I'll be a the show on Friday. Hepcatfox is planning on making it then also. If you are coming then I'd like to meet with you. Saturday I have the parent day at college for my daughter in Cookville. I'm geared up for this show for some reason. I know there will be a lot of Milsup if just from one dealer and hope he sales a lot so I will quit buying from him.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and that's just a drop in the bucket compared to what I need to raise. Got deals coming from all directions, all at once. Here's a peek at two acquisitions from last weekend:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=3878

Seems like everything comes available when funds are low. I'm trying to capitalize on the situation before it inevitably goes dry. And it ALWAYS dries up fast.

SlimTim

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Same here. I have several stuck in the corner at a shop waiting for me to pick up. The dealer calls and says " we found some more that you will like and put them with the rest of your stash". Now then, Wife leaving town for a few weeks for training, dog has kibble, I can live off of what is in the freeze or roadkill for a while, We can do this. With this Estate Sale going on I have spent far more then I have in many years, but as I told Ed the dealer, I will never get a chance like this again so I'm getting them while they are here. I am going to have to sell some stuff just to make room. By the way, nice recent acquistions. Bring them to the show, I'm sure you can sell them.

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone need a Chinese Makarov for $265? Can bring it along. Also Steyr M95 - $100, Turk Mauser - $100, Mosin M91/30 Hex receiver (forgot date) $125. Carcano M38 Calvary Carbine w/folding spike bayo - $175. Culling some to fund new purchases. Offer for this show & location ONLY.

SlimTim

Not one reply to the above, no one interested? Available Saturday only! Also have one of the nicest, matching, excellent Husqvarna M38 Svede Mauser M38s you'll ever see, $425.

New acquisitions pictured in link are not for sale.

High-Life Mike says he is driving down from Knoxville to ride over with me Saturday to the La Vergne show. Anyone got good directions?

The fund shortage is getting worse, now I'm hoping to look at a Russian PM in middle TN. :eek:

SlimTim

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Tim,

I'll post directions after I go tomorrow. Never been to this site (it's new). I did go pick up the guns I had stuck back with Ed (estate dealer) as well as several more he thought I might like. As he is having back problems and his lovely girlfriend has a torn rotater cup I helped load the truck for the show. Two of us carried four guns at a time for almost an hour with another guy stacking and padding. Lots of Arisakas, Mausers, Enfields as well as 1917s, 1903s, several Mosin Nagants and some odd stuff. Lots of odd stuff still in the shop that needs to be IDed. I've helped with some and hope to help with more.

Sorry that I will miss you, I'll be there on Friday and Sunday. Saturday is family day at my daughters college.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Forgot, I really wish that I could see the Swede your are selling. On my "get one" list. If it is as nice as you say I may have to work something out. Any photos?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
How to get to the show.

OK, easy to find once you know where it is. Exit 64, Waldron Rd, off I-24, go north off the exit. The west bound exit ramp has a stop light. At next stop light turn right. It will look like you are going into a Truck stop, but it is an access road that runs along I-24. You will be going east. The Expo center is about 1/2 mile up on the left. Parking is very bad but you can park at the different business nearby as they are not open over the weekend and they have some kind of agreement. I had hear and said here that it was a 300 table show, they are saying that they sold 600 tables for the show. They also had over 600 people pay to get in tonight so it is off to a good start. I wound up being unpaid help for the Estate Sale and while it started off slow a lot was sold tonight. Most any one person bought was ten rifles. Some bought one but most bought 2-4. I didn't get around to see much of the show but what I saw was an OK show. Not a great one but much better then some I've been to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's my report!

I went to the show Friday and got there about 4:30. The was a much bigger crowd than I expected. I hit the estate sales tables first and talked with Tennessee Longhunter. I was also pleased to see that Ed (the dealer handling the estate sale) knew my name, but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering how much money I've given him over the last three months!

I picked up a M1895 Dutch Mannlicher long rifle in beautiful condition for $175 and a Serbian Model 24 Mauser with a really nice crest for $240. Both have mismatched bolts, but were in great shape otherwise. The Serb has the wrong type handguard, but getting a replacement shouldn't be a problem with all the M24/47's being imported right now.

I spent some time checking out the rest of the show -- definitely better than the Goodman shows. I'd compare it to the Bob Pope shows -- lots of the same dealers, and a few I hadn't seen before. I didn't find anything at the other tables, but it was worth looking.

After making the whole circuit I went back to the estate tables and talked with Tennessee Longhunter some more. I looked over everything again. Bad mistake! I ended up taking home a really nice Nambu Type 14 (dated 5/1937) for $350.

So I left quite a bit poorer but picked up several unusual finds for what I feel like are reasonable prices -- a good show! I'll post some pictures when I get the time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hepcatfox,

That was my opinion of the show. I thought that it was better than the Goodman Show (known among my friends as the "Pimp my Glock" shows) and on par with the Pope shows. I was on a budget and left after spending $25. Sorry, but a new roof and a future trip to CMP South kept me from spending more.

I went Saturday morning, getting there around 9:30. Admission was $9 including the $1 off coupon. The show seemed well organized and decently lit. I would have felt better with a bore light or similar if I was going to purchase a firearm there. I saw a little bit of everything for everyone. I was looking for accessories for a carbine and left with some LC .30 caliber ammo. One thing that I will warn anyone who might be going on Sunday is to go early or be prepared to walk. Parking at the venue is best described as "challenging".

James

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
The show is history. 600 came through the doors Friday night, and 2000 by Noon on Saturday. I went out at 2:00 today and expected to find it dead with dealers loading up. Boy was I wrong. The place was packed. They had to run people out at 4:00 to start closing up. If anyone knows of a better Venue let the promoter know. He will not go back to that location but wants badly to stay in Nashville. Parking, cooling and bathrooms were the killing points for this site.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Show review

1. Admisson to high 2. Parking bad 3. Pope and Goodman never zip tied my gun 4. Everyone friendly and a lot of police present Regards Sunfish

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the show Saturday, High-Life didn't drive down to ride along with me as he thought he had a car pool from Knoxville, but that didn't work out either. He beat me there and had the place scoped out before I could hike the 5 miles from my parking place to the front door.

Only found one rifle to purchase from the estate collection, a Spanish Civil War Mosin. Thought about a few others, A Greek Mauser, but mostly a Mexican Mauser, only one I've ever seen. Gurn bought it and removed the tempation. Gurn also resolved High-Life's twitchy wallet finger when he bought the Winchester M1917. Gurn also got a long Steyr M95. Wish I'd seen the M95, Airdale had issued a BOLO for one, and I must've walked right by it and somehow it didn't register with me until Gurn commented about buying it. Some slip-and-fall lawyer from Tazewell claimed he beat me to a nice Chilean Mauser for cheap, but I never saw it.

Also purchased a couple of pistols that have proven interesting, an Argentine Sistema with less common markings than the usual DGFM (FMAP), and fantastic finish, but an import marking that would seemingly make it a Lipsey's gun. Also a commercial French Unique in .22lr.

Lots of folks there, RK has shown Nashville he can bring the people. I chatted with Rex some and he made the same comments to me that Longhunter mentioned. He doesn't plan on doing another show there at the LV Expo, as on a cold winter weekend when folks REALLY turn out to a gun show, there'd be absolutely NO PARKING to be found. I hadn't thought of that, it was a great weekend weatherwise with lots to do, and yet the house was still packed. RK is committed to doing a show in Nashville and WILL find a venue. I asked that he try on the east or southeast side, hope he can but I understand he'll have to go wherever he can find a suitable facility. Rex said he'd buy his own facility if he had to. :)

Admission is high, but is good for all 3 days. Sucks when you only attend 1 day, and I even forgot to print off one of the coupons I posted. :(

Safety is a big thing at RK Shows, ergo the zip ties. RK hasn't had a negligent discharge at a Nashville show that I'm aware of. Pope has, and yet to this day they don't tie guns. Not sure if Goodman has had a ND or not. Wish Pope and Goodman would ziptie the guns, my point of view.

I don't go to the fairground shows but maybe once or twice a year, and haven't been to a Pope show since he moved to his current venue. I'm looking forward to RK's next show in the area, and will cross my fingers that it's somewhere SE along I-24.

SlimTim

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
100 Posts
SlimTim,

Thanks!

Technically, it is a Yugoslavian Model 24 since the Kingdom of Yugoslavia was formed in 1918, but most people seem to refer to the pre-war rifles as "Serbian" whereas post-war manufacture or refurbs are called "Yugos."

Of course rifles with the royal crest are the ones to look for. All the 24/47's available now had the royal crest at one time, but when the communists refurbed them in the forties they replaced the royal crests with commie crests. I've heard that the only Model 24's left in the world are ones that somehow made it out of Yugoslavia before the end of WWII.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Randy,

Thanks for the history lesson. I'll have to look harder. I found another one on your wish list. I tried to send a PM but yours is turned off. So, I'll have to let everyone here know you have been Jonesing for a Dainish Krag. Found one! send me a PM and I'll give you info.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
25,557 Posts
show

I guess I'm the wet blanket. If it weren't for the fellow with the estate rifles, the rest was a bust. Purses, knives, stuffed bunnies, knives, $5,000.00 Lugers, more knives, some interesting US surplus stuff, Cheap Chinese knives, nun chucks, brass knuckles, (did I mention they had knives?) PLUS it was $10.00 to get in!!! Crazy. The only thing that they were missing was the beef jerky (Did I overlook it?).
I came close to getting a nice 1942 Savage, but it had the Ishey screw, which I didn't like; but it was overpriced; I spoke to the fellow on the table, very nice guy, but he just didn't have room to move on it. If I hadn't have driven 2 hours to get there, I'd have walked away. $10.00 to get into that was insane. (Did I mention they had knives?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts