Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a clue. Blade does not look shortened and it has the T/O slot... All the stamps look fresh and the saw teeth look correct.

So...., export type?

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
I was gonna say, Buford. Markings don't look right to me. Notices the raised areas around each mark? Could be one of the fantasy pieces coming out of Afghanistan. The ones I have seen, were the long Persian M98s, with saw teeth, and Imperial cypher. Thought I found a rare sleeper.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Gus, TWF -

I posted this over on the 'Sharp & Pointy' Forum and Old Smithy notes it as a fake. Check out his site under Fakes and there is a similar one displayed, though it is longer and somewhat different. He notes it was in storage in Afghanistan for 30 years, which is interesting as that places it in the middle of the Russian-Afghanistan War. That seems kind of strange also. Who was collecting them at that time? Perhaps fake markings on real bayonets? Wonder if they actually fit on a rifle.

- Mike

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Mike, they are real Mauser bayonet, that have been storage. Now, they are being turned into, here-to-fore, unknown and rare WWI variants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts