Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guisan---Hans

Need your help in this name tag ID. I know his name was Hans Schoch born in 45. I'm not sure of the rest. I looked in the Swiss phone book on line and there are quite a few by that name. It seems to be a popular last name and was wondering if it was similar to Smith or Jones in English as a last name. Also I Googled the name and found the name Schoch goes as far back as the 1680s. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Well he was with the Eisenbahn Betriebsgruppe which means railways, they had armed personel for guarding purposes.
Too many by the name Hans around and none in in the Canton of Zug, best start is asking the only Schoch in Walchwil if she knows him.

Frau Angela Schoch
Schönegg
CH-6318 Walchwil/ZG
Switzerland.

That tag was written past 1964 as that was the year the four digit zip codes were introduced.

Success!
Guisan.:)

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
Dear Mr Art - if you are going to write this gentleman or lady, please have a look at the letter stickies devised for that purpose by our native speakers.

Good luck!

tac

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guisan---Thanks very much for all the help at least it gives me a good starting point in the right direction.

Mr. TFoley---Thank you for the heads up on the proper letter writing. I looked at them a few months ago when I found the name tag but I think its time for a refresher course also my wife is good friends with the Professors in the German and French Departments at the University here where she works so before I mail them I'll get there stamp of approval also just to be sure. Thanks agn.

Regards
Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts