Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post in the trader section, my bad! But do I have to be called a name for such a small thing? If this is the way things are done on this forum, then let me be the first to call someone a bigger jerk for calling me a jerk!

Dear EvilKen2007,

You have received an infraction at Gunboard's Forums.

Reason: Being A Jerk
-------
Promotion of auctions are not allowed.
Please read the rules and comply.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=28633

Quote:
I just listed a number of parts on from a Type 99 rifle.
All of them are in pretty good condition except for the treads on one bolt. Nothing has been refinished. The rifle was incomplete when I got it, and broken into many pieces.

Sorry but these are 21 not 22 parts..

All the best,
Gunboard's Forums

·
Gold Bullet member
11,385 Posts
EvilKen,

I wouldn't give it much thought. Live and learn. Most people are pretty cool on this board. Not sure why you were addressed in this manner.

It's still the best firearms collector forum around (along with Parallax Bill's site). Stick around, learn and share.

·
Super Moderator
11,310 Posts
Email Tuco or Vic

Yo EvilKen2007

I would highly recommend that you send a message to either Tuco or Vic and show them the thread.

There is no reason why a Moderator should make such a comment? That is out of character coming from someone who has been given the responsibilty to keep things moving along per Tuco's rules.

Even if you inadertently broke a rule, that is no excuse for doing anything other than to point out the infraction with the idea being that it won't happen again.

Warmest regards,

JPS

·
Silver Bullet member
15,587 Posts
evilken's post

Evilken,
You original post included reference to your auction. This is not allowed under the gunboard rules, and was edited out. I did leave up the post in case someone was interested in contacting you.

My note on your original posts gave you this information.

With respect to being called a jerk, below are the choices for giving an infraction:

Title - Points - Expires Warning

Being A Jerk 1 10 Day(s)
Inappropriate Language 1 10 Day(s)
Insulted Other Member(s) 1 10 Day(s)
Signature Rule Violation 1 10 Day(s)
Spammed Advertisements

As these are the only choices, and none of the others applied to your ignorance of the rules,
you became "Being a Jerk" by default, nothing personal intended.

Please do read the rules and follow them, you won't have this problem in the future.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,385 Posts
03man, that makes sense and I was surprised to see the note from Ken as I've never seen anything rude from you posted to the forum.

However, perhaps we should have a few more options to this list, such as "inappropriate content" or "posted to wrong forum"...

·
Silver Bullet member
15,587 Posts
bones92,
Thanks for the comments, I agree.

With more pressing board problems from the startup, I have not asked the admins about the choices; I would like a 'fill in the blank' space too. These 5 choices do not cover all the needs.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Maybe a "Please read and follow the rules dude".
What amazes me is how another moderator was so quick to throw you under the bus. I guess someone is choking on an expensive hat. But what do I know.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,587 Posts
JPS

I tried to send JPS a PM, no dice; he doesn't have it turned on.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
JERK. "3 [slang] a person regarded as disagreeable, contemptible, esp. as the result of foolish or mean behavior." (Webster's New Word Dictionary, Third College Edition. p. 725) Not sure breaking the "no auction posting" rule fits the above, unless the "foolish" applies.
Still, a jerk by any other name is still a jerk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts