Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all. I have a question that hopefully can be answered. I find conflicting information. I have a Kokubunji 1st series with a showa date of 15.6. Its all matched with the exception of the Grips which have "N" on both. The firing pin is un-numbered and the firing pin guide is un-numbered but has an "N" on it. so are these parts replacements or was that common to see that sporadically throughout the production? thanks

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I don’t have my reference books with to give you the specific date but Kokubunji used the “N” inspection mark in thee later part of Showa 14 and into the Showa 15 period. So it is normal for the “N” inspection mark during this period. Un-numbered striker and striker guide is correct as well. Just a side note, your 15.6 date is from the Kokubunji original series. The Kokubunj 1st series started in Showa 16.10.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reponse. I was hoping that was the case that this would be correct for this period. And yes, that was my mistake I should have said original series instead of 1st series. I referring to the first ones made up to 99,999.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dog. I have looked over with a fine tooth, its just the "N". I thought I recalled reading somewhere that the "N" mark was proper for my date gun, however I couldn't recall the unmarked firing pin and only "N" marked guide. Then I started wondering if I took pictures of the wrong side LOL. I really didn't want to have to tear it down again only to find out the pin wasn't numbered and then I still couldn't remember if that was a common anomaly for this year and maker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.