Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Diamond Member
1,091 Posts
Nate,

I concur with the previous comments about your 2,9 Chigusa and holster. From our conversation and the images you provided to me, all its features/markings, save one, are normal for its period of production (A=MON over TA; 26 groove grips; 2.5mm arsenal mark). The anomaly is that this gun has arrows on the left side. Chigusa added arrows between the fire and safe marks to standard production in 3,2. I only have report of a very small number of earlier Chigusa guns with arrows (three 2,2 and one other 2,9). There are no reports of missing arrows after 3,2.

· Diamond Member
1,091 Posts
Any truth to the theory that these arrows were sometimes added to the pistol during the recall when the pin/safety mods were done?
Russ (please see my email a few minutes ago),

I don't think know for sure. Certainly, it is possible and, maybe, even probable. However, with only five reports of arrows present in pre-3,2 guns out of 67 reports, it obviously didn't happen very often, as very few of those guns didn't go through the recall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.