Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a dumb question, but what accessories came with a Nambu when it was issued? I'm tired of having mine (19.2 Nagoya all matching pistol , if that means a thing) sitting in a box, and I was looking to get some accessories, but I have no idea what. So, my question is, what would period-accurate accessories be for a 1944 Nambu?

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
It would have came with a holster...........and for a 1944 gun more than likely it would have had a rubberized clamshell holster.

Holster would have a cleaning rod, a small cleaning rag inside the spare ammo compartment, perhaps a spare box of ammo. It could have a spare magazine as well.

Pistol would have a lanyard installed on it.

Now if you want to purchase "original" accessories, the prices are going to add up fast, a decent rubberized holster can be bought for around 175/200 on line, cleaning rods, probably 50-60. You might not find a real lanyard, and if you do it will be more expensive than the holster as they are hard to find. Spare magazines run a little over 100 each.

Now if you wanted some "reproduction" accessories a leather holster will be 40/50, cleaning rod, 15, lanyard 20/25. Repro ammo packet, 15/20.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Your pistol was issued with a Rubberized Canvas holster with shoulder and waist straps, matching share magazine and firing pin, blued cleaning rod, and lanyard (green or light brown) and the holster has a pouch to store two 15 round boxes of ammo. Have fun on your hunt for the goodies, they are available just got to find them at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm necroing my own thread, but whatever, I have a legit ? anyway

I found repro accessories from a company called WWS (Do not wish to say the full name for reasons), it's a holster, shoulder strap, cleaning rod, and a lanyard. Do any of you guys know if their accessories are quality items or junk?

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
no mass produced repro items are quality made. all i have ever seen are junk that are made of thin leather, bright white stitching, no Japanese markings, bright brass fixtures, and look only remotely like an original. the will never add value to your pistol, so its best to find originals. yeah, they are not cheap but neither are the repros.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.