Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's an average price for a 1943 date 94 non matching magazine, finish is decent only other thing I see is the safety switch just moves losely. THANKS!

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I figured but I have been watching it at a shop for a couple of months and I think he wants to dump it, the safety doesn't bother me too much since I wouldn't fire it anyway, how hard would it be to find a replacement part to fix the safety? If I got it for around $200 do you think I would be OK? It also does have the black bakelite handgrips not the wood. Thanks again.

not too much given the condition. that broken safety really hurts it.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
18 dates are very common in the t-94 world, but $200 is a bargian anyways, so get it while you can !
The loose safety is not really broken but just loose.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I waited long enough they took the $200! Here are the pics, all of the other numbers on the firing pin and the slide match and the bore looks great! What is the proper way to release the slide from the hold open position? I can't seem to release it unless I drop the mag.

nambu1.jpg nambu2.jpg nambu3.jpg

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,024 Posts
The only way to release the slide, other than pulling the magazine, is to depress the follower, while holding the slide. It can then be eased forward. Just like on a C96 "Boomhandle" Mauser.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
very nice for 200. i like that.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Congrats on picking it up. That one will clean up real nice at a super price to boot Don Schlickman can make you a repro lanyard ring.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys, I guess the safety is just loose, I took it off and it looks OK is it just worn? Any way to fix it or does it just need to be replaced? Or is it the seer not pushing out far enough? Also, what do you think a fair value would be if I decided to sell it or trade it later on?

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,024 Posts
The safety can be fixed by bending, but I wouldn't try it. It'll most likely break. Don Schlickman can hook you up with a repro for shooting purposes. It's worth about $400.00. At a small gunshow, you might get $5-600.00. They don't turn up often at smaller shows, and people think they're rare.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
and people think they're rare.[/QUOTE said:
are these not that rare i always thouhgt they were?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Not rare at all. In fact you can find any number of them for sale everyday on a number of different auction web sites. Ugly yes, rare no but that is just MHO.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
wow cool i will be looking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts