Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would the inspection mark be on a Nagoya monopod? Or did they have one at all??

Ken

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Most Nagoya 'pods I've seen, or that are present on rifles I own, are proofed. An elongated "M" is stamped about midway across the length of the folded segment. There may also be the same proof at the rear of the 'pod where it's pinned to the rear barrel band.

C/

·
Silver Bullet member
15,634 Posts
I have seen the 'ri' prooj, which looks like "ij" in the same place, i.e. between the loops of the foot.

Picture from the T99 book attached below.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just got a nagoya and it does not have a mark on the pod and it has a slightly different color to the pod than the front barrel band. the barrel band is like a rust color and the pod is a black color.

Ken

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photos added

Ken

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,133 Posts
Looks like the pod was a later add on. BTW, you must sell that box of ammo on the table as soon as possible! ;)
You're not taking these photos in your birthday suit are you? Those are some really hairy knees!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah Ill sell you the ammo box

its dated 49

and its hot tonight and i thought taking pics in the buff would cool me down

Actually im in shorts
Ken

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,133 Posts
A commie with a lisp? ;)
Darn - I don't do post war ammo & stuff, thanks anyway! "A man has got to know his limitations" - Dirty Harry, a wise man.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah trust me I know it was sold to me as vintage war era ammo and well it was not oh well.

Ken

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a No series and a 4th series that have the elongated "w" proof mark on the wire where it crosses from one side to the other. One is stamped on the bottom and the other is stamped on top where the wire touches the bottom of the stock.

jim

·
Silver Bullet member
15,634 Posts
Pod

Lowdrbird,
How about a picture of the inside of the monopod at the hinge, and a side view of the spring.

Color looks too new, probably a repro pod, IMO.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Ken

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and here are some pics of the foot end. As you can see there are marks on the stock where a Monopod was but they do not line up.

Ken

·
Silver Bullet member
15,634 Posts
Jon is correct, repro. You can see the stamping marks on the band and the hinge connector is not the right shape. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts