Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 6th Series in the 35,000 serial range. When did Nagoya drop the drain holes, AA sights, and start using the slotted rear band without tripod? This one has no drain holes, nor AA sights, and doesn't look like it ever had AA sights--it has no "ghost marks" for the tripod. It has the short screw-in rod. thanks akb

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello akb :

All the changes you mentioned occurred during the 5th series in this order:
a) monopod installation ended.
b) 2 screw front band & short rod.
c) first no side drain and then no bottom drain holes.
d) slotted rear band without pod feature.
e) no more dust cover.
f) no more wings installed on "B" rear sights
So obviously you would not expect to see any ghost marks of a pod on a 6th series rifle unless added in the post war era to enhance the looks of the rifle or make it complete in the mind of the owner.
Vicasoto

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Tripod? :rolleyes:

·
Silver Bullet member
2,413 Posts
A 6th series in that range would not have wings, but would have the slider with provision for the wings. There were a number of rifles in the 20and 30k range that were fitted with leftover monopod bands, so yours is probably correct. Others disagree, but I think the dust cover went well into the sixth series, but so many rifles are missing them any way I would worry about it. I do not know off the top of my head, but I think Drain holes disappeared in the fifth series

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oKAY dOGS, FGTSOOM, you know Forgive the S**t out of me, all the rest of you Gentlemen, thank you very much, and you too, Rob, you *******.
my best, akb

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
oKAY dOGS, FGTSOOM, you know Forgive the S**t out of me, all the rest of you Gentlemen, thank you very much, and you too, Rob, you *******.
my best, akb
Thank you, I've earned that epitath through much study & hard work

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In case you want to know, it starts with A and ends with A, you Arisaka!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Damn, now I'm disappointed ;) I pride myself on being an A. H.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Okay, go ahead and get over it, we've work to do!
I was over it before I wasn't ;)
Investing in a few books will answer most of the questions you have about these rifles. I bought the latest sword book even though I don't collect swords but see them often. Being informed is like being armed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts