Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Nagoya Series 11. The seller has been very patient and kind with all my questions. He has described the rifle with no blue finish. I have seen several pictures provided by him of the bolt assembly, receiver, etc. It does appear there is no finish. Is it possible that it left Nagoya without a metal finish? I just cant see buba removing the finish on a last ditch. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'd be suspicious. Where in the serial number range does it fall, low, high, middle?

I doubt it left the factory without a metal finish.

Never underestimate the crummy things folks did to these rifles during the last 72 years. Jon

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I have a very high number 11th series 97727 I believe. It has finish on the metal. It almost looks like more phosphate than blue. But it has finish. I'd be very suspect of any "bare metal" finish on an 11th series rifle. There people out there that can't leave well enough alone. Pictures of you can.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gents. I saw further pictures which showed all parts with a worn light finish. Only the barreled receiver and bolt body were missing the finish. May be some one was using it as a parade rifle. Might be worth the parts depending on what they want to sell it for. Again thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to mention it is in the serial number range of 81,000. Again this morning I took a close look at the finish on the barreled receiver. If it was stripped it was done many years ago. It is not bright but bare. It shows age. Don't have permission to post sellers pictures. Did not ask. Not trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.