Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing special about this one, I just liked its untouched nature. Thought I'd post it as i know some people on here do trend works and didnt know if there were any variations in this series. One notable thing is the fact that most numbering are factory errors. The receiver is 955 and all other numbers are 655 including the bayonet lug and the stock is still staked in place. I believe it should have wings and a pod, but for whatever reason all it came back with was a muzzle cover (been on there a long time). Can anyone provide me some information on the cover? I think i see a marking on the end (10 o'clock position in picture).

Attachments

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Thank you guys for the info. Ed could you please expand on what you mean in your last post?
The first 10,000 rifles were made under Nagoya supervision at Izawa. Lets say 1-10,000 These feature a dot in a diamond symbol after the Nagoya symbol on the receiver. The balance of the rifles lets say 10,001-99,999 were made at the Toriimatsu plant of the Nagoya arsenal. So you rifle by serial number was on of the first several hundred rifles made at Toriimatsu.

·
Banned
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first 10,000 rifles were made under Nagoya supervision at Izawa. Lets say 1-10,000 These feature a dot in a diamond symbol after the Nagoya symbol on the receiver. The balance of the rifles lets say 10,001-99,999 were made at the Toriimatsu plant of the Nagoya arsenal. So you rifle by serial number was on of the first several hundred rifles made at Toriimatsu.
Interesting, thanks for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.