Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up at a small firehouse show today and let 3 Arisaka's get by me. Nagoya 0 series #10,with mismatched bolt #5, unground and restocked. It had that beautiful early Nagoya commercial finish in excellent condition, it also had the monopod on it. It almost looked like it was done by the arsenal, but we will never know that for sure. 2nd was a type 38 carbine modified and Thai maked. 3rd was a Jinsen 99 rifle in really nice condition, matching. Thats what I get for getting lazy and not looking around before the doors open. All 3 were bought for under $ 500. I needed Big Ed the Arisaka hound there to keep me up to speed. All 3 went to the same young guy who does appreciate them, so that part is OK. It goes to show they are still out there.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
You got to start buying them ,not lookin at em :) series nagoya #10 with bolt # 5 for under $300 sounds like a good'n got away...oh' as a after notet, 0 series nagoya # 5 has its original bolt ,Ive drooled over it a couple times. so it was for another gun ..of course I like to have had that extra early #5 bolt, for trading fodder with a certain close pal of mine.I never see anything cool at the shows here :(

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Bill will you and the young guy that appreciates those rifles you missed be at ATown next weekend? Hope to see you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jareth, I will be at Allentown next saturday, I also had more hats made up for the Japanese Collectors meeting for Saturday night. I don't know if I'll stay overnight though for health reasons. I hope to figure out a way to stay overnight, then I can do the show Sunday also. Looking forward to seeing you there. One thing I DIDN"T pass on today was a 1911 Colt commercial near new in the box made in 1946 with a Colt 22 conversion kit. Priced very reasonable

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Bill,
I have to charge for my finders fee now as work is slow. But I'm still reasonable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts