Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,341 Posts
"I know some of you disapprove of me playing with explosives but what ever."

Only because I like to see your pictures and read about the adventures. We just want to keep you around a bit longer. :>)

Dean (the other one)

·
Registered
20,613 Posts
You are a living example of "Enthusiasm vs Competence". You are over your head and you will get hurt
if you don't stack arms.

UXO is not a hobby area. You are not EOD qualified and your luck is hardly a plan.

Stop now while you got all your body parts. No offense but its time you took stock of the situation.

·
Registered
196 Posts
YIKES! of all the grenades that I have dug up on Okinawa I have never done that. Easier to just unscrew the fuse and dump the powder out and place the primer on the powder and light it to blow the primer then screw them back together. This is still not safe by all means. It took a Japanese glass smoke grenade to go off in my face after i hit it with my digger, not to mention being confined in one of the tunnels while the tunnel filled with smoke to bring me back to reality. This was due us finding intact Cyanide Glass Grenades few months prior. So I thought that I had hit a cyanide grenade when it went off. I didn't cave hunt for almost a year after that incident. The cracked glass smoke grenade is still on display at the Battle of Okinawa Museum where I have to see it every year I go back LOL. David

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,565 Posts
What out Darwin will get you. It will however make a great news story and contender for the annual awards list. I suppose if the Jungles don't get what's left of the battlefields, we will.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Glass Glass bottle Sphere Oil lamp

Dave, Here' a few pics of Japanese glass smoke grenades to refresh your memory....or maybe nightmare...

sorry, just kidding....

Jim
Japaneseordnance(at)Yahoo.com

·
Registered
196 Posts
LMAO, Jim thanks for the photo...... the one on the left (cracked) is the one I broke. Its one of those days you never forget LOL....David

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bottle Glass bottle Perfume

Glad you are ok, here's another one, still loaded. Yikes. This isn't mine.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.