Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was setting up at a small (very) gun show. An old time gunsmith and his son have been cleaning out the smith's shop now for a couple years. I saw a set of 1917 handguards and went to check them out.

Sitting next to them was a Weaver 330 in very nice shape. Post reticle. No additional electropenciled markings, or any others.

What exactly have I got here?

Automotive tire Drinkware Finger Bicycle part Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive design Vehicle
Trigger Bumper Line Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: thielenjp

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,988 Posts
It has the correct knobs to possibly be military but can't read the stamps. Does it have M8 after the 330?

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has the correct knobs to possibly be military but can't read the stamps. Does it have M8 after the 330?
No it does not. Darn thing looks like new, nice bright blue overall, with parkerized jobs and 'clicker'.

• Love
Reactions: DK PHILLIPS

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Believe you ay be right. Found a copy of a Stoger catalog with the 330C mentioned with picture.

Newspaper Motor vehicle Watercraft Font Naval architecture

Reactions: mike radford

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like post WWII (catalog above is from 1946) Weaver just continued the M8 scope in production and called it the 330C. Still a nice scope and perfect stand in for the 03A4 scope. Also found a set of postwar rings for it,

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't think the small adjusters were water proof, and the large ones have the metal clicker between both adjustment knobs. I'm sure someone smarter than me here knows, but I can't see the military buying something that was not water proof.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,169 Posts
I agree, a great buy at $200 and wonderful for a shooter or repro A4. The scope is a 330C fpr Click adjustments and the tapered adjusters are Model 330S for smooth adjusters.

The M73b1 was not real weatherproof but was what we had. The Alaskan was apparently a bit better but nothing like a PEM or PU. Thankfully we have finally learned on scope selection for Americans.

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, a great buy at $200 and wonderful for a shooter or repro A4. The scope is a 330C fpr Click adjustments and the tapered adjusters are Model 330S for smooth adjusters.

The M73b1 was not real weatherproof but was what we had. The Alaskan was apparently a bit better but nothing like a PEM or PU. Thankfully we have finally learned on scope selection for Americans.
I have an 03A4 that currently has an M84 scope on it. I'll hust swap out the scopes. Also a good way to not damage the M84 as it can stay home.

Reactions: mike radford
1 - 17 of 17 Posts