Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting on this site, don't know where else to post this question. If there's a better place, please redirect me there.

Anyway, I got a part time job at the local gun shop and there's this case with 12 magazines that look like they are for some older semi or full auto rifle but nobody knows what they are for. So I have taken it upon myself (with a $20 incentive from my boss) to find out what they are for. Below are some pictures.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
49,631 Posts
look more like BAR kinda, need to see the top

·
Platinum Bullet Member
49,631 Posts
FN model D?? (been a long time since I shot one to know if the mags have that feature vs a US BAR mag)

any markings on the box?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Rather close to a Bren Mk.II (2) in 7.92x52JS or the 7.62 L4A2 series. Those look rather like the old 20-rounders.

Could also be a European B.A.R. variant.

Knowing what cartridge fits would be useful, or measurements...

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I think the DROR is the right one too. They were based on the BAR magazine with the tab added up front to fit the somewhat different magwell of the Isreali modification of the Johnson LMG.
Like a lot of the european countries they packed magazines into carry cans. The Bren and ZB guns did that and so did the BAR for Poland and the US.

Frank

·
Registered
10,210 Posts
Not FAL, inch or metric.
Not Bren .303 or 7.62.
Almost like an M-14 body, but the wrong catch.
BAR, Maybe I'm not anexpert.
Are they the right length for a 7.62, or a "thuddy ought six"?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Yes, looks like 20 round for DROR.

Ad mentions how they resemble BAR mags. Wonder if they ARE modified BAR mags? Have seen BAR mags modified to 7.5 French for use on the MAS 49-49/56.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Again yes, DROR magazines. Numrich was selling a full carry box for cheap a few years back. $75 or so IIRC. Bought one to use for BAR magazines, sold the DROR mags.
They are similar to but not interchangeable with BAR 30'06 mags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts