Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anybody can help out on IDing these. Lady neighbor down the street found these in her garage. They belonged to her ex, who is now long gone. Unfortunatly she had no idea what they went to. I can tell you they are for a .22 of some kind. Whether a pistol or rifle I don't know and was wondering if anyone could help me out.
My rational is now that I've got mags, I should have the firearm that goes with them. You guys understand that right! I now have four of each and no idea what they go to.
Thanks in advance.
Ken

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The one on the right looks like either a marocchi/sovereign or Anschutz .22LR magazine, 10rd capacity. I have NO idea what model Anschutz these will fit, but my semiautomatic Sovereign mod. SM64 .22lr has the same design. Several years ago, my uncle gave me this rifle because he couldn't find the mags for it, and he was getting rid of all his modern firearms (AVID bow/BP hunter). So, Pappy and I went to the gun show in Little Rock, AR, and found a seller with mags that would fit it. They were Anschutz. They were also kinda spendy, in the range of $25-35, so we picked up 2. Then my uncle found the mag that was with the rifle, so that gave me three.

Here's a pic of one of mine:

Good luck finding a Marocchi Sovereign. They were sold, apparently, by K-Mart back in the 70's when my uncle bought this one, but they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to research online. I've tried to find all sorts of info about mine, but no-go. If you'd be willing to part with them, I might be interested in purchasing a couple to give me a nice round 5 mags...

hope this helps!
Mike

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have identified the mag. in the first picture. They go to a Savage model 62,64 or 954
.22 semi auto rifle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts