Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this from AIM Surplus this week and I am *really* happy. I went ahead with the hand-pick option for an extra $10 and I think it was worth it. Out of the box came this all-matching M48 Mauser rifle and it looks pretty good to me. The customer service was truly excellent and they pack really well, too.

Thanks, AIM!

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
You did very well by the looks of that M-48. I saw the add and I think there were very few to go around waited to long this time. I also was very well treated by AIM in a rifle purchase a few weeks ago. Nice to do bussiness with.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Darn nice one, that.
I'm conducting a study trying to connect certain crests with certain shops.
Do you mind if I lift the crest & receiver rail pics for my study?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No bayonet or accessories, but that's o.k. Bore looks VG but I need to get all of the cosmo outta' there. Very little muzzle wear at all.

Say 'nug, go ahead and save the images if they can be of use to you. Not a problem.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. I never thought I'd be so wild about a post-WWII Mauser, but I'm in "Yugo mode" right now and this was a case of right place, right time I guess.

·
Copper Bullet member
403 Posts
Nice Dr JF!

I've gotten the Yugo bug lately too. Picked up an M48 from Family Firearms and Finishes. I will take it shooting this weekend.

Now, I thought that table and towel were reserved for sale items only, I didn't know you used it for collection pictures too!! :D

metzgeri

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a M48 from Todd on the way. I've purchased several guns from him and always found him to be honest and accurate and great to deal with.

To me, it's worth the money as a premium to get Todd's guarantee on what ever guns he sells.

I've got a great 24/47 and wanted to compare it with the M48. They're quite well made rifles and accurate enough.

Steve

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
There are fairly significant differences between the 24/47 & the M48s.
The 24/47 originally built before WWII is more finely finished whereas machine work on M48s can be rough.
The differences between bent and straight bolts if that is a factor to the shooter.
But most notable to me is the stock differences. The original 24/47 stock is slimmer, more graceful I call it. The M48's is beefier giving a solid feel in the hand. Both have their place but I slightly prefer the 24/47s feel. Note that 24/47s with later elm replacement stock have those stocks cut to the M48s heavier standard.
I don't care for the positioning of the sling cut in the M48 stocks either. I shoot mine with the sling out.
Just my .02

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am glad I got my unissued M48B when I did at a good price. I picked it up here on the gunboards. I like the heavy stocks for shooting too. The slimmer ones look better, but the heavy ones feel better to me to shoot. You can't beat the M48 for a shooting Mauser. Everyone needs one. I don't use the slings either. I shoot left handed and the sling gets in the way.
Ron

·
Registered
658 Posts
very nice rifle!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,521 Posts
Nice M48, Dr!

Lets hook up at the range soon, and shoot up some of your 8mm! Mom says you got way too much........

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lets hook up at the range soon, and shoot up some of your 8mm! Mom says you got way too much........

Oh? I guess I shouldn't mention the 3,000 rounds of 8mm I picked up today, then, right..? :D

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Oh? I guess I shouldn't mention the 3,000 rounds of 8mm I picked up today, then, right..? :D
Uhhh, you wouldn't care to share somer nfo on that, now would you? Like who, what, where and how(much)???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts