Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1943 SK.Y M39, looks like it may have seen some combat, or at the least a lot of time in the field. Bluing is all present under the wood but everything exposed is worn away. Stock seems to have been replaced at some point since the original SK.Y stock is gone, perhaps after the rifle was given to the Finnish Army (SA stamps) after its time with the Civil Guard it was refurbed with a new stock from them, and re-sighted with the new stock (would explain the replacement front sight and markings to accompany it. Gun runs super smooth and still a great shooter even though it looks like its seen better days, though I wonder what those days looked like in its prime time.

Built on a 1901 Izhevsk receiver, there's a mix of parts from everyone. Bolt handle and something else I found had a Remington proof, bolt head is TULA, and various other marks all over. Anyway here she is, no plans of letting this go anytime soon since it seems like there are no more M39 in Finland left to import, and finding one with honest wear is always a treat

Wood

Rifle Gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Shotgun

Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun

Ukulele

Tool

Lock Metal Hardware accessory

If anyone else can give me some random education or maybe history or something interesting you see about the rifle I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice rifle, I always like neat stock repairs (thats what my little profile picture is).

I'm trying to buy a 44 sako with similar wear and tear. Its on consignment but the seller never listed a price. So its just sitting in the back waiting for the seller to list it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took her to the range, out at 200 yards they didn’t have the usual half man sized plate but just a small round probably about 12”. Sat down and told my dad “no way I’ll hit that I can barely see it” and proceeded to wack it the first shot. “That was pure luck, I can’t do that again” and proceeded to wack it again and again (albeit every other shot). Guy sitting next to me with the AR “what the hell is that thing?”

·
Registered
223 Posts
Love it, none of mine are Civil Guard. I keep looking, I keep bidding, and I keep getting outbid by deeper pockets. Oh well. Your rifle has both Character and Spirit. It knows it can outshoot the plastic gun next to it, and does it! Reminds me of the "Arnold weightlifter" skit on SNL, or in this case Sako Beast Rifle telling the AR, "Puny Girly Rifle, I going to shoot you up!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.