Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned up the M41B and have it ready for a trip to the range. All the bolt parts match the reciever and the base and mount match the reciever. I haven't had a chance to go completely through the 91/30 yet. I might mess with it tonight if I have time.

·
Premium Member
105,717 Posts
I like the Swede. Very nice.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,570 Posts
Beautiful snipers

turfmn, what a pretty piece of wood on the Swede. Amazing that Samco has such nice snipers left. The Bolt sleeve has a nice purplish hue, one of my M41bs has that color cast to it also. Congrats! Duane

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I've tried to buy an M41B from them twice, once I couldn't get the secretary to understand what I was saying. The next time She said that they were out of stock and didn't expect any more in for about 3 Months. I heard that they were putting them together from parts that they had bought and have just about given up on getting one. Looks like you got a nice one.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,570 Posts
Samco M41bs

Capt, when you call Samco, ask to speak to Abda. Tell her I said hi. She will set you up with a nice sniper, if they have any left. The stories of Samco making up snipers are just that, Stories.......They keep being repeated, until people that don't know any better think they are fact. The fact is Samco keeps sending out beautiful rifles like turfmn's, and his is definatly not a put together. Neither are the two beautiful Oberndorfs I got a couple of years ago from them. Pretty tough to make a M41b out of a standard M96. The Dulite blackening, for one is not easy to reproduce. And the mount, base, bbl, and bolt are matching on the Samco M41b snipers. They have a good reputation on returns, so if you don't like it, send'er back! Duane

·
Gold Bullet member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've dealt with Abda and Marie. Both are very helpful.

Now to really mess with your heads. I cleaned the 91/30 sniper and swapped the bolt handles. The number on the bolt handle from the Century rifle matches the magazine floor plate of the Samco rifle! So, the Samco rifle has a buttplate and stock(serial number stamped into the stock under the buttplate) that match the serial number on the barrel shank along with a bolt handle and magazine floor plate that don't match the barrel shank, but match each other.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was able to go out late this afternoon and shoot the M41B. Even though it was gusty the rifle grouped really well. Here's one of the targets from today. I was shooting off of a small bag at a 100 yards. This is a five shot string. Too bad I pulled the one shot to the left.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,570 Posts
At over 50 yds........

I might be ok with open sights on elephants, tanks, or barns! I have hunted with scopes on my rifles since the late 60's, so really didn't notice how bad my eyesight had become, until I started collecting milsurps and tried shooting them. I can still do OK at 100 yds if I have a BIG bullseye!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.