1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,128 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Very Nice Condition!! 2 bayonets from one maker!! At least you picked up one with a frog!! Japanese frogs have gotten expensive. The do go for more than a German WWII frog most times. I have about 6 of them anticipating whatever T30's come along. " Bayonets Of Japan" by Raymond C. Labar is an excellent book on these interesting variations that were made. Japan not only started out with Tokyo & Nagoya arsenals, they sub-contracted like your two bayonets. Hikari Seika built you 2, and 5 variations of mine. In addition to Island manufacture, Jinsen Arsenal in Korea made 8 variations. Hoten, or Mukden made 11 variations in Manchurian Arsenal. Tientsin, in China are the most difficult to find. They made 5 types, mostly "Last Ditch" type toward 1944-45, near end of war. I currently have 35 different T30's with frogs, & 8 "Trainer" bayonets. I don't as a rule bother with strictly training or dress bayonets. In the last days of war, training rifles with their bayonets were deployed. In the old days I had 3 Samurai Swords & the Japanese Cavalry Sword. All of my militaria went in 1990.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.