Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the sling that came attached to my T2 rifle when I bought it. Due to the recent discussion I'd thought I'd post. What you see is the double bail type. Note the picture of the linnen tag. Takehito any help on this? My rifle is #5277 If I remember correctly.
Table Wood Hardwood Deck Linens
Wood Carving

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,283 Posts
Nice sling Ed. It looks like one of those super long examples. How wide is the strap?

I have one of those longer slings and put it on an early T-14 holster which works well due to the extra length and the narrower strap and bales. These have been reportedly used this way in the past. Mine has a tag with writing on it as well. It has the numbers (in Kana) 2880 in the right hand column like the other two I've shown. Unfortunately, mine came by itself so there is no related use for it.
These photos show it compared to the more commonly seen sling that is shorter and a little wider. The bales have a little different shape to them as well.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,283 Posts
I'll have to measure it old buddy. I just put it back. It has some ink stamps on the inside. I'll have to photo them too.
Mine has some ink stamps also that are hard to make out but I'm sure they include the date. My 'long' strap is in my pistol display case which is covered with stuff including my Japanese Army bicycle so I can't get to it :( Jareth may soon get his wish that I be buried in an avalanche of militaria if I don't get into a larger place soon!
The width on my shorter straps is 1 3/16"

·
Gold Bullet member
6,183 Posts
Big Ed, you tag has the owner's name Sato preceded by a unit code "a" in Katakana. ア 佐藤.

Dawgs, your's is 納 二八八〇部隊 (No 2880 unit), 中村部隊本部 (Nakamura unit headquarters).

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,283 Posts
Mucho Thanky Edokko!
BTW, just checked out a nice house today that's up for rent - got my fingers crossed :) More room for hoarding!

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Ed, you tag has the owner's name Sato preceded by a unit code "a" in Katakana. ア 佐藤.

Dawgs, your's is 納 二八八〇部隊 (No 2880 unit), 中村部隊本部 (Nakamura unit headquarters).
Very cool Takehito. I wonder if it was indeed a para unit?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very Nice Dan.
You have one of those T2 rifles with the shaved wrist stocks like a 6th series rifle. Is it in the 13K range? That seems to be where they show up most frequently. Your sling is similar if not an exact copy of mine. My sling is not numbered to the rifle so mine proves nothing either. This style sling does show up on T2 rifles most frequently though.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,283 Posts
This style sling does show up on T2 rifles most frequently though.
And on Type 38 rifles in original photos.
We had one original photo posted here with one of these slings on a T-99 long.
Quite the can of worms, eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.