Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got her home today...did some bore cleaning and popped in a empty cartridge to hear her talk...but she won't dry-fire/ release the firing pin...

safety moves fine...on/off...pull trigger...nice spring tension...all the way to the safety/trigger guard backend...magazine is in.

what am I doing wrong?

thanks B

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
Sounds like something is broken. Maybe the firing pin spring or the firing pin itself.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have to pull the trigger many times to get it to fire.....and sometimes it will fire with a forcefull trigger pull....obviously somethings gummed up or bent/broke... Iguess I won't know till I get inside..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like congealed cosmoline. Time to take it apart or at least soak the bolt in simple green. That should loosen it up.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes a little further tinkering and I've found that with a smooth "Hathcock" letoff..it won't fire....I've got to pull it like I need the thing to FIRE NOW!!!...lol...and it will fire every time..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:( hairline cracks in that common place to have 'em (behind the trigger guard?)...noticed upon further inspection.

I'll need to post bore pics to see what you'll rate the pitting as...

bbl

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
it looks like it has to do with the little "foot pedal" looking thing on the front end of the FCG....edit: IT"S the disconector operating sear

or actually the spring loaded? pin in the receiver just aft of the magazine well that depresses this foot pedal which in turn releases? a catch? on the front side of the hammer...

guess I gotta separate the wood from metal...going in!

yes, it's the action between the rear rail of the bolt carrier (when in battery)that would depress the pin in the receiver which releases the "catch" for the front side of the hammer....I think this keeps the gun from firing out of battery...

I don't know what to do other than replace the mis-matched bolt carrier....

other than do some stupid stuff like closing the tolerances for the hammer release with the dremmel....that would be decreasing my safety margin for out of batteries...yikes! not gonna go there I don't think....but the gun does not fire with a normal trigger pull... I can pull the trigger all the way back....and then if I jar the rifle it will fire...or if I give it a decisive trigger pull...it shoots...with a slow bench rest type trigger pull nothing happens....

anyone have suggestions?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
My SVT-40 doesn't click....

What did you do to fix it?...We're waiting in "Wild anticipation" here!....;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts