Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know this will pale in comparison to many of the fine collections here, but I thought I would share my Mosin family just for fun. If any look familiar, it's because I acquired a couple of them in the trader.

1914 Izhevsk Russian/Finn M91
1926 Tula M91/30
1939 Izhevsk M91/30
1927? Finnish M28
1941 Sako M39
1944 Izhevsk M44

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone! Here's a picture of me showing my collection at one of our living history shows. One of our (rather appropriately attired) young fans is checking out my M1 Carbine.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,076 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup:

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,691 Posts
Very nice. Did you build your display racks? I really like the flags on the brackets.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Using your fine collection to teach another generation living history is the ultimate use of old rifles. Thanks for the pictures.

Makes me feel guilty - your rifles are doing far more good out there in the hands of people learning about them than all of mine sitting in glass cases and safes. I'll have to teach more!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Here's the other side, showing weapons of the Allies.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I must give credit where credit is due. I wouldn't have a collection like this, nor more importantly, have the knowledge about these weapons, without the kindness of many members on gunboards. Every time I've posted a question, I've received very complete and thorough information from the members here!

Yes I built the rack. It's portable, requires no tools and fits in my Honda Civic. I've been asked why I don't name each rifle and here's why... I want to interact with my visitors and by not naming each rifle, I encourage folks to ask questions. Each rifle has an associated story about a nation or campaign in the war. Besides, it's kinda amusing to hear some of the responses from many "experts" showing off their knowledge to their wives and girlfriends.

The WWII era flags are attached with Velcro and change with each event we attend. I've just expanded into WWI in honor of the centennial. I'll share a picture of that later. Hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Very, very nice! Thanks very much! :clap:

Looking forward to the WWI display! [Good luck getting some of those into your tiny car! Heh.] :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Great pics, and thanks for sharing. Reminds me of the event held at Ft. Lewis each year. One of the guys I used to work there is HUGE in to WWII re-enacting and probably has just about anything you could imagine that a WWII paratrooper would have had in his possession before and after jumping out of a plane. He does the 82nd IIRC. I have seen some of his displays, and they are beyond impressive with all original stuff. Except his uniform he wears, as he doesn't want to dirty up a nice vintage one! It's quite impressive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts