Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going nuts with my first digital camera. Here is a photos of my Mauser "collection". I don't really go out looking for any specific rifle. I just get what speaks to me. So from left to right:

1) M38 Turk - dated 1942
2) M38 Turk - dated 1944
3) Yugoslavian M48
4) Yugoslavian 24/47
5) Spanish M43 - dated 1954
6) 1916 Spanish in .308
7) RC bnz. dated 41
8) RC "42" dated 1940

·
Registered
658 Posts
nice family photo there...I like it when all the brothers and cousins get together :p

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,736 Posts
Congrats on the new camera, and thanks for the pics! You'll need a bigger display area eventually, OR a wide-angle lens.... I just did a mauser "head count", I'm at 38. I've probably got a 2:1 ratio (or more) with Mosin Nagants over mausers but I like both. I didn't think I was a Steyr collector either but I've got 12 of those now too.... <SIGH>....
;)

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Great collection! I started also with "what speaks to me" 200 plus later they are still talking....so beware!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice bunch you have there! Sounds like a nice cross section of Mausers. I like the way you talk about collecting what speaks to you. It's easy to get too locked in trying to find the rifle to fill that hole in the collection and miss something else that's a great buy. I started collecting Mausers and then one day bought a 1916 Lee-Enfield practically on a whim. Then came the 1918 Steyr... Now it's not a "Mauser" collection but a growing "WWI" collection. Oof! 8-P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts