Gunboards Forums banner

My single SOS buy - front band for a T 99!

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  fredh 
#1 ·
Even though I said I didn't find anything, I had forgotten about this one screw front band. Only cost me $325; $25 for the band, and $300 for the trip!

I have a "scarce" variant of the Izawa 9th series with thin cupped butt plate that was sporterized. I've been looking for this band and a long handguard for several years.

By long handguard, I mean the full length top handguard that is peculiar to the early Izawa and Howa rifles in the 9th series; these have the peep sight but the full handguard. Should look like the one in the picture, but my rifle has the thin cupped metal buttplate not wood. Another one of the interesting "transition" rifles.

This band will solve the problem of the front band; I'll have to find or stretch a hand guard to finish this rifle, number 13,545. Pictures to follow after restoration.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 ·
03, There happens to be a complete rifle with the handguard you require at a local grocery/gun shop. I don't know the specifics on it, other than it is on the cheap rack. I'm going there on an ammo run tomorrow, and will take a closer look.
Please do, thanks a lot.

Let me know what it is!

Got to love a grocery store and gun shop! One stop shopping for sure.:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Fred,
I hope it fits! I got the single screw band from Warren too; how's that for coincidence!

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Thanks Cliff,
I have another like it with the wood butt plate, so have one to look at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.