Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I said I didn't find anything, I had forgotten about this one screw front band. Only cost me $325; $25 for the band, and $300 for the trip!

I have a "scarce" variant of the Izawa 9th series with thin cupped butt plate that was sporterized. I've been looking for this band and a long handguard for several years.

By long handguard, I mean the full length top handguard that is peculiar to the early Izawa and Howa rifles in the 9th series; these have the peep sight but the full handguard. Should look like the one in the picture, but my rifle has the thin cupped metal buttplate not wood. Another one of the interesting "transition" rifles.

This band will solve the problem of the front band; I'll have to find or stretch a hand guard to finish this rifle, number 13,545. Pictures to follow after restoration.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
03, There happens to be a complete rifle with the handguard you require at a local grocery/gun shop. I don't know the specifics on it, other than it is on the cheap rack. I'm going there on an ammo run tomorrow, and will take a closer look.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
03, There happens to be a complete rifle with the handguard you require at a local grocery/gun shop. I don't know the specifics on it, other than it is on the cheap rack. I'm going there on an ammo run tomorrow, and will take a closer look.
Please do, thanks a lot.

Let me know what it is!

Got to love a grocery store and gun shop! One stop shopping for sure.:thumbsup:

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,273 Posts
Don, not trying to hijack your thread, but my SOS experience was similar to yours. The only thing I picked up was a "borrowed" bolt for one of the Murata shotguns. Warren told me to take it home and check the fit to a T13 Murata trainer that's in the attic. That T13 trainer was boltless in my father's attic for years, then after he passed away, we brought it home with us and stored it in our attic. And I've waited since hoping to find a bolt. I don't have much confidence in the fit-up, but hope springs eternal. We'll see.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fred,
I hope it fits! I got the single screw band from Warren too; how's that for coincidence!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Cliff,
I have another like it with the wood butt plate, so have one to look at.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Warren also had a 30 trigger guard and floor plate. I'd put it back for Vic, but didn't' see him again. I almost bought the front band Don bought, but it would have ended p on a 99 "carbine" and it went to a better home. I copied all the dust cover #s on Warren's table and will post later after running in Banzai.

·
2,273 Posts
Fred,
I hope it fits! I got the single screw band from Warren too; how's that for coincidence!
Warren, he be the man! I told him in Phoenix and again in Louisville that there's got to be something on his table I need. Then the idea of fit-up of the Murata shotgun bolt to my trainer hit me as Doss and I were talking at lunch.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,189 Posts
The trip is very well worth taking just for breathing in the electricity in the air and all that excitement of looking at cool stuff, and more then anything, having a good time with great friends. Was great seeing 'ya Fred, Don, Doss !!!

·
2,273 Posts
The trip is very well worth taking just for breathing in the electricity in the air and all that excitement of looking at cool stuff, and more then anything, having a good time with great friends. Was great seeing 'ya Fred, Don, Doss !!!
I also really enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting a lot of people that I've known on the phone for over 40 years. Edokko, I reckon I enjoyed the Japanese restaurant as much if not more than the 2 shows, especially the company!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.