Gunboards Forums banner

My SAMCO EX-sniper arrived !!! PICTURES JUST ADDED

3K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  66rdster 
#1 · (Edited)
I had mentioned in a prior thread that I had ordered an ex-sniper from SAMCO. I received a number of PMs asking me to give my impression about the SAMCO ex-sniper when it arrived. It arrived last evening. Well all I can say is I am very pleased. The bore is bright and shiny, bluing is excellent. The receiver has two posts in place along with two tapped screw holes both open. All numbers but the bolt match (nothing ep'ed) and the furniture has character with lots of cartouches and inspection stamps. All I can say is don't hesitate to order one if you are on the fence. I will probably post pictures this weekend.

Meant to add it is a '44 Izhevsh with number on the barrel base.

#29 ·
Thanks Jay. The scope, mount and base are originals. When a board member put it up for sale I was lucky enough to be able to get it.

Hey William. Twins eh!! I was thinking the same thing. They really do look alike. I don't know, I was told the snipers can be addictive. I guess its true. HaHa

Hi Meinander. Yes that is a BP-124 stamp on the butt stock. The metal on the handguard appears to be blued steel. Although it is wearing a bit thin. Man, a 42!!! That is sweet and a 44 on top of that.

Mike

#30 · (Edited)
scope base fit question

Mike -

When you mounted the scope did it appear centered over the bore line. Mine seems to be a bit offset and I was thinking of filing down the scope base (not mount) to get a tighter fit at the top of the scope base and receiver. The base bottom is flush with the receiver but there appears to be a slight space at the top of the base and receiver. I compared this to my other scoped sniper that came all together and both the bottom of the base and top of the base are tight against the receiver. Just wondering how yours is and if you had to do any filing of the base for a snug fit. I should add that I am using and accumount base.

Thanks,

William

#31 ·
Hi William,
It visually appears that the scope is centered over the bore. I just took a look and the base has a tight fit against the receiver, both top and bottom. The only fitting I had to do was a bit of filing on the rear pin to get it to fit on the base properly. It seemed the pins in the receiver where spaced a couple of thousandths wider than the holes in my base. Otherwise, it went on without any problem.

I think filing the base as you said would be a good way to go. I think thats what I'd would do in that situation. I believe it will give the base a tighter fit to the receiver and it should get the scope more centered to the bore also. It might be worth checking with some of the guys with more experience on these things to get their thoughts on it.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.