Gunboards Forums banner

My SAMCO EX-sniper arrived !!! PICTURES JUST ADDED

3K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  66rdster 
The real deal!

Thats great William, sounds like you got a nice one. The history and uniqueness of these snipers cannot be denied. They were, and are, excellent examples of "Snipers Rifles of the Red Star", (Thanks Vic) and we can own one, and shoot it, and preserve it for collectors of the future to enjoy. These are truely some of the good old days, of Mosin collecting!

You guys are just having too much fun!

Abda, at Samco, has helped me get several very nice, rare rifles. Starting with my scopeless PU sniper, I had ordered a "select" grade, as I didn't want to pay the extra money for the top grade. She had the boys in the shipping dept pick out a beauty, wilth a sweet trigger and perfect bore. Then, later, I decided to trust her with my order for a Swedish M41b sniper. When I called her, she said, We have a very nice one for you. Nice does not describe what I received. A pristine, unused since last refurb sniper rifle, with 98% finish on metal and a perfect stock. Then later I called her and asked if they had any 1944 Swede M38 Husqvarna rifles. Never thinking for a moment that they would. (They are very scarce) Her answer was yes we have one! Seems that it had a matching straight bolt, most all Husqvarna M38s have bent bolts, and it had not sold. This one was near perfect, wood and metal, and the straight bolt is stamped matching, either it was built with it, or a arsenal replacement. Needless to say, Abda is a good friend to have!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.