Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Truly a unicorn find. Congratulations!!
I’ve never seen one in the flesh and yes of course would love one but probably not enough to pay “value” of what’s it’s worth due to its scarcity. A job well done sourcing one. A rare bird found for a specific collection goal is a celebration for all of us who appreciate these fine old world battle rifles.
Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Administrator
12,317 Posts
Fantastic find, congratulations!

Here are some "foreign" Mannlichers:

Green Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Hand tool Wood Tool Metalworking hand tool Antique tool

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you sir! It was certainly an unexpected find! I've been trying to get all of the main infantry rifles of WW1 since I finished my WW2 collection, and it has proven to be much, much more difficult. I still have several I need, but I won't push my luck too much since I found this one. I was sure I would have all the others long before even seeing one of these in the flesh.

And yes, they are the same chambering and can even use the same clips. The gentleman that sold it to me included 10 Dutch clips as well, evidently KNIL used since they have a dark red lacquer coating.

And thank you, Nick! Your collection is one I aspire to achieve.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,095 Posts
WOW, super nice. Congratulations!

Reactions: 1942Arisaka

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,961 Posts
Left: Romanian enbloc
Right: Dutch enbloc

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you check under the handguard if there is a "Wn14" stamp?
I'm glad you asked! I haven't disassembled it, but I just took the handguard off to check and found that it has a duffel cut! I'm not familiar with what that stamp should look like, where it would be, or what it signifies. Can you help me out?
Blue Bumper Material property Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Bumper Wood Fender Automotive exterior

Sleeve Wood Tints and shades Electric blue Font

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm glad you asked! I haven't disassembled it, but I just took the handguard off to check and found that it has a duffel cut! I'm not familiar with what that stamp should look like, where it would be, or what it signifies. Can you help me out?
At the start of WW1 unfinished/undelivered Romanian Contract M93 rifles were withheld for Austro-Hungarian Army use. 'W-n [eagle] 14' = Accepted in Wiener-Neustadt near Vienna for the Imperial Army. A very rare marking.
Automotive tire Door Wood Rim Asphalt

1 - 20 of 29 Posts