Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of the Tiger Maple stocks and did a Pine Tar finish on it. I did not like the rubber butt pad so I make one out of Aluminum Tread Plate. I Like it !!

·
Silver Bullet member
187 Posts
That Maple sure looks good. Nice work. I just finished mine last night and have not had a chance to post pics. Maybe later today.
Bob

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Very Nice !!! Any other problems to date other then the dislike of the rubber butt pad and I understand that is a personal thing? The reason I ask is I was looking at one of the Yugo 76 Sniper rifles but one of the Board members has a problem with the one he purchased and this my be an alternative if the issue he has isn't resolved.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Shore is sum purty wood, Feller! Seriously, I have loved Maple since back in my muzzle loader building days. Beautiful wood.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bravo this is a winner. The stock is awesome. I am happy you did it and now I can go order one.

·
Diamond+ Bullet Member
1,643 Posts
Hmmm! WHo's making them?

Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very Nice !!! Any other problems to date other then the dislike of the rubber butt pad and I understand that is a personal thing? The reason I ask is I was looking at one of the Yugo 76 Sniper rifles but one of the Board members has a problem with the one he purchased and this my be an alternative if the issue he has isn't resolved.

Regards
Art
I have had no problems with the rifle. I went out with Gun Addict last Thursday and shot a Susan B group with it. I don't have rubber or any soft pad on any other rifle I own and it felt "squishy" and was hard to maintain my cheekweld so I made this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.