Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a collection I started some time ago and have added to it as funding permited. I want to collect a specimin of all the US Arsenal cartridge rifles ever put into action. Now there were some here and there that I'm not going to add, such as the Spencer. My focus is now on finding an M1 Carbine of some configuration to fill that space. I owned one years ago and like a dummy it got traded. Now the things have gotten much more spendy. UFDA NIDA!! I just eyeballed GB and see there many on there that would be fun to own but the $$$ are out of my league. Somewhere there is an old gal or newer production (Universal) that needs a complete clean up and she'll find her way to my work bench.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'd say forget the commercial clones .Save up and shop around you still can find a real GI carbine. You still can find deals out there you will not regret getting a GI carbine as the value will just increase over time.

·
1,696 Posts
Troll local forums and things like that. I got a great SG off Texas gun trader for example. Might have to wait. Too me months of checking a few places almost every day but I found it. Also recently got a Quality hardware for a very god price the same way. They exist if you are patient and persistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
And you can always find parts for a USGI carbine. You cannot find any parts for the Universal carbines now as the company has been out of business for over 20 years and USGI parts do not interchange with them. Universals are very prone to breakage most notably the slide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts