Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is a Japanese Type 99 Arisaka Rifle 5th. Series in 7.7mm. This is my first Japanese rifle but Im sure it will not be my last. The rifle is all matching the mum has been removed I paid $201 delivered which 03Man says was good for this rifle. I will post some better pics when the rifle arrives. these pics are from the auction and are not very good close ups.

·
Diamond Member
6,954 Posts
Very nice John. I have one myself (22 nd Kokura) They have my favorite bolt of any bolt action. denny

·
Gold Bullet member
13,863 Posts
I finished 2nd in that auction. It looked like a good one. Enjoy. These rifles are way under-rated, accurate and easy to clean(many have chrome lined bores). Ammo is getting easier to get and less expensive. Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Diamond Member
1,673 Posts
Type 99

Picked this one a while ago from the some of the vet that brought it home. Unfortunately no documentation. Paid $350 fro rifle and bayonet. Bore looks unfired, absolutely no marks on the bolt face.

regards
badger

·
Administrator
19,257 Posts
NIce oner Badger.

Way back when I was a juniour punk I started collecting at 16 and began with Japanese weapons. Still have all the Nagoya stuff. I do still like them.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Badger, Thats a beautiful rifle.

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
Good pickup !!

regards....roger

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
I picked up this beautiful last ditch T-99 at a gunshow for $150. It's matching, has the mum, and the most beautiful stock I've ever seen on an Arisaka.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I have just never been able to collect Jap stuff. Something about December 7, 1941, perhaps? Just never had the interest, although I have read extensively about the PTO...perhaps why?

Anyway, glad you are happy with it and hope it does you well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts