Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Mike, I've got a new US&S. I'd like to share.
The finish is actually alittle better than it looks in the pics.
(I rushed the pics as I could hear my wife coming home !)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more US&S pics

More US&S pics, including pics of the small "hanging" P on the slide and frame, as well as the barrel bushing.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
69,382 Posts
very, very nice.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,637 Posts
Nice US&S, congrats.

Try the picts with a white background and see how they look.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've shied away from a white background, I quess because I thought it would create too much contast and the camera would not open up for the details. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Or maybe, I'm trying for that dark edgy moody film noir kind of thing..........

The real point I'd like to make is.
I was able to make a well thought out purchase, while out of town and away from my reference library, because of the great guys and information on these forums.
There's nothing like sitting at the hotel's computor, trying to remember the gun you just saw, while trying to remember anything you might know about it, while trying to decide a next move, and then being able to tap into a great wealth of knowledge.

To Mike Radford, CPW, (these two are only the most recent) and all the great GB forums guys I've relied on to help guide my collection purchases.... Thanks.

Regards, Ned

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
69,382 Posts
I use a gray background when I take my pictures. Then I sometimes wash out the gray. I woould get better photos if I did not use a flash.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, Ned, and congratulations! I must admit to feeling a tiny tug of jealousy ... ;)

Kim

·
Gold Bullet member
13,876 Posts
Hi Ned, Glad I could help. Gotta say my advice was good as you did very well. No way to go wrong at the price you paid. Bet it would bring at least $2000-2500 on the auction sites.

As I mentioned, you got one of the earliest hanging P guns. Clawson and Karl K say no P till about 1,060,000 with 1060093 having no P. Some overlap per Karl. About 20,000 total with hanging P and yours is stamped at an angle I had yet to see. Even the P on the frame is not level. Cool. Nice pistol. I do not see any thing incorrect.

·
Registered
314 Posts
very nice find you have there. i hope you don't mind my asking but was was the final price? im trying to get a good idea of what these things are selling for. thanks!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Very nice I like that been there done that look. I've got a 6 mil. WRA M1 Carbine with that same look. It's one of my favorite carbines. Like I said very nice. Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts