Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new toy for the month. It is a Semi Auto version of a Russian Model 1910 Maxim. It has a date of 1933 and has a SA stamp on it, It looks like it was part of the Russian Army and then captured by the Finns and used agains them. It has 3 spots on the water jacket the have been repaired. So it looks like it has seen some action in it's life. I have never had a gun that needs water. Now I just need a crew to help me lug this thing around. The gun it's self is around 40lbs and the wheeled mount feel heavier than that.

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
Just so people know, that mount weights about 100 lbs. So it is quite combersome by oneself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will be fun to see what it is like to get to the range. I'm used to having to bring lots of extra thing to the range for the guns I bring. I have (all semi auto) a 1919a4, MG42, MG34 and a DP-28. I just haven't had anything this heavy. I'm going to have to lift weights to get this thing around. When my bank accout recovers I'm going to have to look around for a Bren or a Vickers.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
and change his name to chapayev :d
Ты лети с дороги, птица,
Зверь, с дороги уходи!
Видишь, облако клубится,
Кони мчатся впереди!
И с налета, с поворота,
По цепи врагов густой
Застрочит из пулемета
Пулеметчик молодой.

Припев:

Эх, тачанка-ростовчанка,
Наша гордость и краса,
Конармейская тачанка,
Все четыре колеса!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
WOW!!! Bigtime!! Very very cool! :D :D

So was this an actual Machine Gun that has been converted to semi? and I assume can't be made full again or what.

WOW!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Ты лети с дороги, птица,
Зверь, с дороги уходи!
Видишь, облако клубится,
Кони мчатся впереди!
И с налета, с поворота,
По цепи врагов густой
Застрочит из пулемета
Пулеметчик молодой.

Припев:

Эх, тачанка-ростовчанка,
Наша гордость и краса,
Конармейская тачанка,
Все четыре колеса!
(Insert the look on Sgt Malarky's face when he spoke to the Brit about the Luger in BoB)

HUH? Yeah, I guess so.

Anyway, VERY COOL GUN! And it's ok to say gun. After all, it's a grew-served weapon! hehe ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ты лети с дороги, птица,
Зверь, с дороги уходи!
Видишь, облако клубится,
Кони мчатся впереди!
И с налета, с поворота,
По цепи врагов густой
Застрочит из пулемета
Пулеметчик молодой.

Припев:

Эх, тачанка-ростовчанка,
Наша гордость и краса,
Конармейская тачанка,
Все четыре колеса!
I'll help you guys out the best I can. My Russian is not that good anymore :( the words within () I don't understand really. any other russian speaking person here please correct me. and yes this all rhymes in russian.

You fly away from the road, bird,
Animal move away from the road!
See, the clouds are forming,
Horses are galloping up front!
And налета(naleta), and from the corner,
By the chain of enemies are thick
Zastrochit (Will shoot/attack) from the machine gun
a young machine gunner

Chorus:

Ehh Tachanka Rostovchanka, (no clue what that is)
Our Pride and beauty,
battle chariot Tachanka,
With all four wheels!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took this out today and shot it for the first time. Man is it fun. It was weird adding water to the gun, it just seems wrong in some way. I did get some steam to come out. My girlfriend likes to shoot it too (the only problem the trigger is realy heavy and her thumbs get sore). She was shooting it and there was around 200 round threw it and then I we had a problem. One of the cases broke and only half of it came out, so I didn't have anything to get it out so the fun had to stop. When I let the water out it was like bath water, all nice and warm. So I had no problems with the gun just the ammo. I looked at some of the other cases and alot of them was split. I woun't be using that ammo again (it was older Russian ammo that was repaked in Yugoslavia) . I tried about 4 types of surplus and it like 3 of them. Overall I'm very happy with the gun.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.