Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so today I picked up a brand new to me Star pistol. Only trouble is I rolled the dice and have no clue as to how I done. I paid $350 for it plus 400rds of ammo. It has a mint looking bore with nice shine, finish appears to be holster worn. Real wood grips I don't know if those are stock, 1 mag included in the deal. It is chambered in 9mm Largo. Can anyone help ID the marks on it. How do I know year, and who was this built for or any other info would be great. Sorry for the bad pictures but I need a new camera. Also is this non corrosive ammo? I don't speak Spanish, Thanks Willy. Ser# A283645

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help. I have been trying to find some more ammo as I like to have large supplies if possible. Do you know of any retailers? I checked AIMS, J&G, cheaper than dirt are any companies still making it? Can I use any other round with it?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,296 Posts
SARCO intermittently sells it. Century International occassionally offers it for sale. Starline makes new brass for reloaders. 38ACP (NOT 38 Super!!!) may work in it, but your pistol is not marked "9mm/38" so the case head of the 38ACP may not fit.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,318 Posts
You show in your photos two different styles of boxes of ammunition. One is clearly marked "No corrisovo" (non-corrosive), but I would not assume that for the other style unless the box says so.

M

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,318 Posts
I have chronographed the Santa Barbara '77 ammo, and it pushes a 127 grain bullet out of a Star pistol at an average of 1190 fps, which is practically indistinguishable from published loadings of factory .38 Super. It's not the world's best ammo --the extreme spread in velocity is quite generous-- but it is non-corrosive and sure-fire.

M

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Your Spanish AF pistol issue/control number is 1595...I have one close to that number and another number 00004. These are not only neat looking pistols but they are fun shooters to boot, just do not dry fire or the pin will break. The grips are original for that period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.