Gunboards Forums banner

My New Finnish P27

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Iron_Colonel 
#1 ·
I just acquired this rifle this past week, so I thought I would share it with you guys. It seems to be in really nice condition (minus an unfortunate counterbore), and I really love the ATV-1 (or is it AV-1 at this point?) marking on the barrel shank. It's also neat that there is no "S" marking which is common to find on these

I really just have one question about it: what is the marking just below the ATV-1 (or AV-1) marking? It looks like a "B" stamped over a "C," but I could definitely be wrong. If that is right, is that just to denote the throat measurements?

Anyway, enjoy the pics, and I look forward to what you all have to say!

Link to pictures:

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Nice looking rifle! A Deutches Reich mark on the stock. So at least the stock went through German hands at some point during WWI. I always like the Finn rifles for their history you can read from all the marks you can see on them. But they still remain as the world's biggest Bubbas! haha Unique P series rifle!

#16 ·
Here are some more pictures of the old cartouches on the stock. I would really appreciate it if someone could identify them.

Did Remington date the stocks under the buttplate? I didn’t think they did, but I could be mistaken.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.