Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NatGeo's very own Agnes Hailstone...she know's what her rifle is and how to use it.........she uses it very successfully!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder how many Mosin's were there from the git-go, long before statehood? Maybe they were fairly common?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Probably not, since we bought Alaska from the Russkies long before there were any Mosins.
My friends up there tell me good milsurp stuff is difficult to find, but I sure saw a lot of beautiful modern rifles and big bore handguns when I was there!
Also, wish I could buy silencers down here in Kalifornia -saw some really nice set-ups in Alaska including an integral silencer Ruger bolt action in 7.62X39 that I sure wish I had.
I wonder how many Mosin's were there from the git-go, long before statehood? Maybe they were fairly common?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
You guys are too nice.

The fact is the pre WWII Alaska Territorial Guard was issued Mosin Nagants , U.S. Model of 1916........and If one could be found a pedigreed, well "DANG!" that would be a score, if ever I saw one.

Ill settle for being married to Agnes , seems a bit better, 'cause she'll keep her eyes peeld as well ~~LOL!!~~

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
I wonder if some of our Springfield-stamped US Army accepted NEWs ended up in Alaska? They could have done worse!

Give our best to your lovely bride and stay warm up there. The invitation to California still holds!

> I
You guys are too nice.

The fact is the pre WWII Alaska Territorial Guard was issued Mosin Nagants , U.S. Model of 1916........and If one could be found a pedigreed, well "DANG!" that would be a score, if ever I saw one.

Ill settle for being married to Agnes , seems a bit better, 'cause she'll keep her eyes peeld as well ~~LOL!!~~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts