Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
I like em all. But really like Marlins
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are. I searched a long time to find one of these I could afford. I am a big Marlin fan.

These were built off of the 1893 Lever Action Rifle. They were given out if you bought 4 25.00 shares in the Company. That is true. But a few were probably were sold outright too. But during the depression probaly not many sold outright.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Outstanding, I have not even seen nor heard of one of these in decades. I remember as a kid seeing one that an old neighbor had, and it sure was not as good of shape as yours!
Very nice, and thanks for sharing!!

·
Banned
130 Posts
I wonder... can you stick 45 Long Colts in it? Probably not. While it will "fit" (if length isn't an issue with the lever gun), the shot shells are a bit larger in diameter and less pressure. From what I researched:

410 shell diameters:
Remington Express Long Range (made for shotgun use): brass .470 - hull .470
Remington UHD handgun: brass .470 - hull .443
Federal Personal Defense handgun: brass .470 - hull .449
Winchester PDX1 handgun: brass .470 - hull .445

45 Long Colt diameters:
Barnes Vortex: brass .473 - bullet (projectile) - .440
Winchester CA: brass .475 - bullet (projectile) - .432

The maximum chamber pressure for standard .45 Colt is 14,000 p.s.i. and for the .410 bore it's 13,000 p.s.i. The article I got this from stated that there are some modern 45 LC loads that exceed 14,000 p.s.i., but all I found said they were loaded to the max SAMI pressure, which is 14,000.

Shot may damage the rifling too... so not a good idea... So I answered my own question with a few minutes research!!

·
Registered
I like em all. But really like Marlins
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is of course a regular smooth bore shotgun. I only shoot light .410 shells in it on the occasions I do do shoot it..They are just too hard to find and do not want to risk damaging it.

It is more or less relegated to a collectors item for me. But I do fire it on occasion..Thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
31,838 Posts
So Marlin made more than just the Model 47 for shareholders?

What's the story behind this one?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.